Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the best time to plant sod? We sell sod year round but the ideal time would be spring and fall. However, that is not to say that it will not do well other times of the year.
- How can I place an order? Simply call our office at 910-669-2295 to schedule your pickup or delivery. We take Visa, Mastercard, or Discover as payment methods when placing your sod order.
- What type of fertilizer should I use on my lawn? We sell our own custom blend fertilizer right here at our farm April-September 10th. A secondary option is 10-10-10 which is a complete fertilizer that canbe found at your local feed & seed store.
- What's the earliest I can fertilize my lawn? For established lawn we suggest as soon as your lawn is as close to 100% green as possible. (Also refer to our installation & maintenance page for additional info)
- What is the latest I can fertilize my lawn? Centipede: August 20th; Zoysia, Bermuda, St.Augustine: September 10th
- Does your sod come with a gurantee? We gurantee all sod to be in soud living condition upon pick up/delivery. Sod is a perishable product and should be treated as such.
- What if I have a problem with my sod? Customers must report any concerns or problems within 24 hours of pick up/delivery for evaluation. We are not resposible for problems not reported within 24 hours of pick up/delivery. We are not responsible for problems including acts of nature, imporper watering, improper chemical/fertilizer application.
- How do I control my weed problem? Talk to your local lawn maintenance professional or the county extension office. Unfortunately we do not offer residential maintenance at this time.